Whereas CVUU Small Groups typically consist of 5-10 members, our Affinity Groups are open to any number of people! You are welcome to join any of these groups or just stop by to check it out and connect with other CVUUs.
Many of our Affinity Groups, such as choir and band, are taking a break for the summer! Our Buddhist Path group meets as usual. Other groups may have a different schedule than usual. Please contact the group leader to confirm the schedule if you’d like to participate during summer months.
Here’s some information about our regular “church-year” schedule (Sept-May):
Affinity Groups include:
- “A.M. UU” at Caribou Coffee: This group is open to anyone who enjoys morning coffee, tea and conversation. Meet with Bill Brown and other CVUUs from 7:00 – 8:30 a.m. at the Cedar Falls Caribou Coffee on University Avenue on the third Monday of every month.
- Buddhist Path: Meets each Thursday at 7:00 p.m. with ‘tea and cookies in the kitchen’. They then adjourn upstairs to check in with their stories of the week, chanting, meditation, and then have dharma discussion, ending at 9:00 p.m. Childcare is available from 7:15 – 9:00 p.m.
- Choir and Theoretical String Band: Meet Wednesdays at 6:30pm. Contact our Music Director Jess Leib or simply stop by!
- CUUPs (Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans): Meeting times vary.
- Huumanist Group: We have had an on-again, off-again humanist group and we are in need of a leader! If you would like to take charge of this group, please contact Heather Flory.
- Progressive Parenting Group: Wednesdays at 6:00pm with Stacey Speakar and Callie Amiday.
- Yoga: Field of Yoga is offering various classes throughout the week at the CVUU.
For more information about these groups, see the links provided in the descriptions above. For information about scheduling, see the the CVUU calendar or CVUU Weekly Updates, or contact the person mentioned in the description. Contact information is available in the CVUU directory or from our CVUU administrator.