Help Out at the CVUU
We’re all part of the interconnected web. We need everyone’s help to keep our space beautiful and our congregation healthy and strong. To learn more about any of the opportunities below, please contact the person listed in the posting. To post new information, please contact Heather Flory. Contact information is available in the CVUU directory.
- Children’s RE Needs You! We are looking for teachers and helper for the 2016-17 Children’s RE. We need volunteers in the following classes:
- Intermediate Class (4th-6th)
- Rainbow Kids (1st-3rd)
- Chalice Children (PreK-K)
There is zero prep to be a teacher or helper. Ideally, with a cooperative effort, you would help or teach once a month. It all depends on our volunteers.
Without volunteers, we cannot hold RE. Angie Stafsholt, Director of Children’s Religious Education, will provide training and answer any questions you may have. Please contact Angie if you are interested: email@example.com
- CVUU Sound: We are looking for people to help with the sound system on Sunday mornings. Training will be provided. Contact Bill Brown if you are interested in helping.
- Help keep our space clean! We do not have anyone currently cleaning the church on a regular basis. Several of the folks on the Buildings and Grounds Committee have taken turns to vacuum, clean toilets, dump trash—all the things that we do in our homes. John Miller would ask that all of us be mindful of keeping our church neat, tidy and swept up. The area that seems to be the place where sweeping is the most necessary is the Fellowship Hall. There is a lot of activity there, much of which involves food. Please help to keep our church neat and tidy. Everyone helping makes it much easier for the person cleaning. If anyone is willing to take a turn helping with the cleaning, see John Miller, Buildings and Grounds Committee, and he will get you on the list.
- Participate in our shared ministry! Help out as a Worship Associate on Sunday mornings. Contact Rev. Eva, Del Carpenter or Bill Chene.
- Show you care! The Caring Connection Coordinating Team is seeking people to be on a team that meets about 8 times per year; the purpose is to connect members who are in need of some assistance because of sickness, bereavement, etc. with other members who have volunteered to help out with cards, phone calls, visits, food, transportation, etc. Each CCC Team member is responsible for coordinating only one month per year. This is a very rewarding volunteer role that creates wonderful warm, helpful connections among members. Contact Pam Hays, Carollyn Hartsfield, or Betsy Brant.
- Enjoy meeting new people? Our Greeters help visitors and guests feel welcome at the CVUU. Greet newcomers before the service about once a month. Contact Mica Lorenz.
- What’s your sign? We need someone to change the letters on our sign every few months or so. We need someone strong enough to hold a pole and patient enough to slide each letter in and out in the correct order. If you are interested in helping, contact Heather Flory.