Holidays and Traditions
We recognize and celebrate many holidays and traditions at the CVUU.
One way we celebrate summer is by having a schedule that is different and more laid back than our regular “church-year” schedule (Sept-May).
- Sunday: We have an informal chapel service at 10am, lead by our lay ministers, worship associates, and other members of the congregation. Refreshments are served following the service. We do not have adult forum or children’s religious education during the summer.
- Wednesday: We do not have scheduled Wednesday evening activities during the summer. However, sometimes the Progressive Parents Group gets together for a picnic in the park or other family-friendly activities.
- Thursday: Our Buddhist Path group meets as usual on Thursday evenings at 7pm.
- Small groups and affinity groups may or may not be happening as usual during the summer months. Please contact the group leader for more information.
Coming soon… additional information about other CVUU holidays and traditions:
- Festival Sundays
- Day of the Dead
- Treats & Talents Auction
- Christmas Eve service
- Easter brunch and pancake breakfast
- And more!